The TABLE Principle
Introduction: Why is the Christian family so fragmented? Why are our divorce rates similar or worse than non-Christians? What essential principles are being compromised that we are unaware of. Why have our lives and families become so fragmented? These are hard questions to face but it is very important that we seek to find answers so our families will not become another statistic.
- The significance of the TABLE
- In Early scripture
- “Make a table” Ex. 25:26
- “Put the bread of the Presence on this table to be before me at all times.” Ex 25:30
- “Place the table” Ex. 26:35
- “Set the table” Ex. 40:4
- “And they made from pure gold the articles for the table—its plates, dishes and bowls and its pitchers for the pouring out of drink offerings.” Ex. 37:16
B. Other Table illustrations
- Jesus demonstrated interest in a sinner, Zacchaeus by staying at his house. As a result of there time together (at the table) salvation came to his house. Luke 19
- The prodigal son was restored to the family at the table.
They “celebrated at a banquet”. Luke 15
- Mary Magdalene wiped Jesus feet with her hair while he was at
- The Holy Spirit fell in the “banquet hall” of the upper room.
- The table was a prepared place.
- “You have prepared a table before me in the presence of my enemies.” Psm 23:5
- She has prepared her meat and mixed her wine; she has also set her table.” Pr 9:2
- “Your wife will be like a fruitful vine in your house and your sons will be like olive shoots around your table.” Pr. 9:2
- Here a dinner was served to give Jesus honor. Martha served while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. Lk 24:30
- Jesus said while at the table, “Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast in the Kingdom of God.” LK14:15
- So Jehoiachin put aside his prison clothes and for the rest of his life ate regularly at the kings table. 2Kings25:29
- While Jesus was at the table, the woman with the alabaster jar of expensive perfume came to him. Matt 26:7
- In all cases a table is used for a purpose. It is not considered an art object to be observed but it is constructed for a multipurpose use. In most cases the use of a table is clearly defined. Following is a list of some of those clearly defined uses in the scriptures.
- While Jesus was reclining at the table with his disciples he demonstated the following: Lk 14:15-26
There are 7612 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.